- 1- Lata Mangeshkar was born as Hema.
But, she played a character named ‘Latika’ and then the name followed her.
- 2- Lata Mangeshkar’s original surname
was Hardikar. But from the native place Mangeshi in Goa, His father owned a new
- 3- The first song of Lata Mangeshkar was
recorded in 1942 in the age of 13 only in Marathi Film Kiti Hasaal.
- 4- Lataji hasworked in 8 films during
1942 to 1948, but then she was never go for it.
- 5- In 1974, Lataji has performed in
Royal Albert Hall in Londod and became the first Indian to perform there.
- 6- Lataji created a Guiness Book of
World Record for most recorded artist in the history, back in 1974. She has
recorder more than 25,000 songs in almost 20 Indian Languages.
- 7- Lata Mangeshkar was the second
vocalist after M. S. Subbulakshmi to have been awarded India’s highest civilian
award – the Bharat Ratna.